Since our start in 1980, State Material has grown vastly across the island. We now offer job opportunities in our Westbury, Deer Park, Kings Park, and Riverhead locations. Are you interested in an opportunity to work for State Material? If so, some of the employment opportunities that may be available are Counter Sales, Dispatcher, Forklift Operator, Mechanic, Inventory Manager, and CDL Drivers. We provided a brief Job description below. Please note that responsibilities and duties listed below are given to outline the basic responsibilities of the position. Therefore at times responsibilities or duties that are not listed below may be required. For more information and availability, please email us with your resume at email@example.com
Our Flatbed Truck Drivers will be able to serve our customers from Manhattan to Montauk. A valid Class A and/or B commercial driver’s license with a clean driver history is needed for this position.
- Safely operate a tractor trailer truck.
- Load and unload palletized material.
- Properly track and document activity log.
- Inspect truck before and after trip.
- Be able to operate forklift -Must be able to lift 100lbs
The right person would need to be able to practice organization, time management, customer service, and knowledge of shipment protocols. Previous experience is required and to have the ability to meet all standards (Medical, Safety) required by the DOT experience.
Knowledgeable in building materials and masonry supplies, must be able to multitask and work in a fast pace environment. Must have good communication skills and be able to work cohesively with customers and other employees. A large part of the job is creating invoices, answering the phones, and following up with customers on all orders. Organization is a key tool to jump into the season with us!
- Promptly assist customers at counter. Ask pertinent questions, provide information they may need, take orders and provide excellent customer service.
- Data entry and retrieval on computer system, including entering customers orders, branch transfers, obtain quotation information, inventory information, pricing.
- Follow up on customer orders, resolve problems to the customers satisfaction, respond timely to customers.
- Answer telephones professionally and pleasantly, assisting customers, taking orders and providing excellent customer service.
- Provide product/job quotes as appropriate.
- Continuously update product knowledge through any available resources. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability.
- Know location of merchandise in warehouse.
- Effectively communicate to customers any relevant policies and/or procedures regarding purchases, returns, credit terms, ect.
Our Forklift Operators would ensure the utmost care in efficiency and safety around our yards. Load and unload trucks by hand and with machinery. Can work hard and be a reliable part of the team.
- Maneuvering equipment in our mason yards and load stone, cement, block, and other materials into customer’s trucks.
- Unloading materials and merchandise from incoming trucks and vehicles and placing them to assigned places.
- Locating and moving stock of products to pallets or crates for storage and shipment.
- Identifying damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies.
- Quality control, be thorough when maneuvering material as damaged goods cannot be sold.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them, offering them assistance.
- Loads and stacks bricks, block, cement, rebar, treads, flagging, paving stones, pipe, and any other products sold.
- Inspects equipment which includes fluids levels, tires, gauges, lights, ect.
- Driving many types of equipment , forklifts and payloaders.
- Loads and unloads the trucks, and customers vehicles.
- Stacks and palletizes the loose material.
- Receive materials off of truck, sign for goods received and verify receipts.
- Able to read tickets that are made inside and assess the ticket to further assist and load the customer
- Be able to lift over 100lbs
Forklift Operator/Yard Worker position is 6 days a week. Monday-Friday 6:30am-5:00pm and Saturdays 6:30am-1:00pm. Must be able to work with others and communicate clearly with contractors and homeowners. Time management, multitasking, and problem solving are important attributes for this job.
Diesel Mechanic would be able to make commitments across the island to ensure our mason yards are up and running. Clean driving history and being able to practice organization, time management, and efficiency skills is a must. Other duties may include:
- Making repairs to fleet vehicles, including (but not limited to) repairing engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions and electrical systems.
- Diagnosing failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary.
- Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspecting/repairing brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other vital parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Scheduling maintenance service and ordering parts
- Filling out and submitting all required documents in an accurate and timely manner
- Responding to road emergencies to repair vehicles as necessary
- Performing maintenance and repairs on production facility equipment as needed (i.e. forklifts, loaders, etc.)
As a Diesel Mechanic, you must be self-motivated and able to effectively maintain the vehicle fleet without supervision. You must also have a sense of ownership of your work and take initiative in providing preventative maintenance. Brake inspection certificate Experience/ability to do DOT inspections on trailer and a Welding skill set is required. Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with medium to heavy duty flatbed trailers, diesel trucks.
Our retail/wholesale warehouse currently requires an inventory controller to handle product management and distribution. Will need to develop a comprehensive inventory tracking strategy to streamline our business. A successful candidate will offer recommendations to ensure ideal levels of inventory in the warehouse and in stores.
- Plan, Implement and Manage procedures to optimize inventory control
- Manage supplies and raw material
- Identify shortages in a timely manner
- Define inventory KPI’s and track them regularly
- Analyzing and reviewing supply chain data to identify and resolve issues.
- Generating purchase and pricing reports, supply chain analysis, and inventory management systems.
- Performing regular stock checks and reporting any issues to the supervisor.
- Maintaining and updating records of purchase orders, pricing reports, and inventory records.
Benefits at State Material
All Full-time employees are offered the following Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental/Health insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan, & Vision insurance. Eligible for benefits may come after an enrollment period.
Equal Opportunity Employer
State Material is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our Policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious or religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Couldn't find position?
Tell us what you’re interested in and we will let you know any opportunities available.